Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Didn't Mess With Texas

But I kind of wish I would have. I was accepted to Teach For America and assigned to High School Science (which I think, apart from elementary school music, would be the most fun thing to teach).

I didn't go due to a variety of circumstances (sick grandma, parents not being for it, two weeks to quit my jobs and get moved down there).

Now my other nonprofits are low on funding (and since I am the only employee of both), two days ago I was cut to 10 hours per week. I really like this other job, by the way.

I feel a little confused about what I am supposed to be doing with my life right now. I've been in Provo for nine years. I feel like I either need to get married or move back to Africa (or both). :-)

But maybe I just feel this way because I'm sick again and have lost a lot of my usual oomph.

2 comments:

Sundy said...

Wow. This reminds me of how you were trying to decide between Nauvoo and a "real" mission and then you got to do both.

I know your sparkle will resume after this sick period, but I can imagine it really makes life hard.

I think you're amazing.

Sundy said...

Wow. This reminds me of how you were trying to decide between Nauvoo and a "real" mission and then you got to do both.

I know your sparkle will resume after this sick period, but I can imagine it really makes life hard.

I think you're amazing.