Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mom on Ambien

Here are some excerpts from the hour-long conversation Zach and I just had with mom after returning to Utah from California today (she's in Ohio).

Mom: Do you think dad will remember it is my birthday tomorrow?
Zach: Yes, he will remember.
Mom: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, he will remember.
Mom: Are you guys still driving?
Zach: No, we are at home watching Leverage.
Mom: Why didn't you tell me?
Me: He did. Half an hour ago. You need to go to sleep. Go to bed.
Mom: Well, what are YOU going to do?
Me: We are going to finish watching Leverage. Now count backwards from ten slowly.

Mom: 10.... 9...... 8........... 7.................

Me: Okay, goodnight.

(Long pause. No response.)

Zach: Goodnight.

(Longer pause. Still no response.)

Me and Zach: Bye.

We hung up my phone. About 15 seconds later we hear a *Ring ring* from Zach's phone.

Mom: Hey, why did you hang up on me?
Zach: We said we love you and goodnight. Twice.
Mom: Are you guys still driving?
Me: No, we are home, remember.

Me: Because it is your birthday, we are going to sing Happy Birthday to you!
(Zach and I sing happy birthday as loudly and obnoxiously as possible. Our exuberant performance is followed by... silence).
Zach: Did you hear that?
Mom: No.

Mom: Are you guys playing baseball?

1 comment:

Emily said...

I have officially decided I need to read your blog more often cause this is sooooo funny! It makes me miss your parents. Haha. I love it.