Saturday, April 3, 2010

Disaster

Disaster. I was sometimes called by that name growing up, and things didn't change once I hit college and beyond. I have a gift for attracting minor catastrophes.

Examples:

-I had to wear an eye patch in fifth grade because a girl was playing with a stick and accidentally swung it into my eye.

-During my Junior year of high school, I was on a trip with 400 plus other people. Every single one of us were swimming in the ocean, and I was the only one stung by a Portuguese Man-of-War.

-During my Sophomore year at BYU, within the course of two days, I twisted my ankle while playing frisbee, was bitten by a poisonous spider and my arm swelled up to twice it's normal size, and was hit by a car who ran a red light while I was driving to a Greyhound bus station. The car was totaled. I still took the Greyhound to California to visit my grandpa, who I had only met a few times before. I arrived with a huge arm, black nose, and limp.

-Also sophomore year at BYU: My appendix burst while on a date, then the doctor tripped over the bed and fell on it after the operation.

-Junior year at BYU: I broke my finger while poking my brother.

-During my mission in Botswana, I was hit by a semi who ran a red light.

-Last summer in Havasupai, a rock fell on my toe, breaking it. The first doctor diagnosed it as gout.

-I was bitten by a crazy monkey in Ghana last summer. TWO hamburgers of mine were also stolen by monkeys in Botswana (no one else in the group of 12 experienced attempted burger robberies... and I was sitting at the table with my hamburger six inches away me!!!) Someone also let a monkey in my truck without telling me while I was away. It called someone on my cell phone.

-I currently cannot straighten my arm due to a fall while skiing.

My doctor in Iowa used to laugh every time she saw me at the office.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Wasn't there also an incident involving the garage door and a broken finger?

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britt said...

HAHAHA! Sarah, this SO sounds like you! I'm excited for you to have kids. Doesn't it just exponentiate? That's what I always thought. haha...