Monday, December 21, 2009

Why I Should Learn How to Tie a Tie

Because you never know when a quadriplegic will ask you to put his on for him.

Which happened to me, in North Carolina, last week. I met this really cool guy who had been injured while diving into a pool a few years ago. I went to church with him, and before it started, he asked it I would put on his tie.

I had no clue how to tie one. So this other guy got it ready and told me to put it around his neck. I didn't know how to tighten it. To make a long story short, it ended up way too tight! I struggled to loosen it as I thought it was probably fairly uncomfortable for him (and I also realized I had tightened it around his neck ABOVE the collar rather than underneath).

Finally, this random guy comes up and says, "Let me help you with that. Do you have ANY clue what you are doing?" Everyone was laughing really loud. Then my friend (the one whose tie I had attempted to tie) said, "Wow, you really don't know how to tie a tie, do you?"

No comments: