Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Confessions

So now you will know.

#1. Every time I get on the freeway (unless I am lost, and thus too frustrated), I sing. Not like a little humming. A full-on Broadway belt backed up with the same intense emotions the character of whatever Broadway musical I am playing is feeling. I always hope no one I know will end up in the car next to me. The same activity occurs in the shower now that I have one to myself in the basement.

#2. I ran a marathon. But the longest distance I ever ran while training was 16 miles.

#3. I went on a date this week. After the guy asked me out, I told him, "Okay, I'll meet you at your house at this time." And I did. So much for social graces.

#4. Up until this year, I had no problem wearing white socks with black pants and black shoes. Or sometimes even brown shoes. Then I started wearing tennis shoes and white socks to work with my black pants because they were more comfortable. I figured my feet would pretty much stay under the desk. Not sure how my boss felt about it.

#5. I stayed up until 2 this morning doing yoga. My favorite pose is "Happy Baby."

#6. I used bobby pins instead of staples on a couple of major papers back in the English program. I was docked for unprofessionalism.

#7. I really like Bob Marley. I think I may have been a Rasta if born in Jamaica.

#8. I saw Danny Glover at Runner's Corner last summer. The store manager asked if I wanted to get my picture taken with him. So I did. I had no clue who he was. I have also seen Richard Simmons at the airport... twice.

#9. I have seriously thought about how to successfully carry out a coup in Zimbabwe.

#10. I wrote my application for the Marriott School consulting project in Thailand on the back of a Cafe Rio receipt. Somehow, I was still one of the six selected for the program.

#11. I know how allergic I am to cats. But I can't control myself when I'm around them. I just can't resist picking them up and cuddling with them, then I bring their fur home and sneeze until I end up doing my laundry, sometimes for a whole week.

#12. I once borrowed Abby's sweater without asking her. A cow sneezed on it while I was wearing it. Like a full-blown Jurassic Park brontosaurus sneezing on the girl type of experience. I don't think I ever told her.

2 comments:

Dianey Face said...

I was going to say #6 was my favorite, but then I saw #10. But then I saw #12. I know how it is to confess things on your blog, never telling them in person... somehow it quiets the conscience.

Britt said...

Haha You're so cute Sarah. I love you for your little quirky ways. It's endearing to me. I love your cat feddish. We need to get you a baby to cuddle with instead of furry animals....or maybe a stuffed animal...that one makes more sense a the time being. :D