Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Of Lost Love and Blogs

After creating this blog, I neglected it for so long that I forgot two crucial items.

1. What I named the blog.
2. How to find the blog.

Dave Gravett and I discussed the calamity and length and came to a few conclusions. Losing a blog is like losing your love. Quoth Dave, "If you've ever lost a blog you really care about, you know, it hurts, it hurts." Thus I spew forth my emotions of the morning, a tale of me and my lost blog, my poor little blog, and the pain and anguish I have brought upon myself from neglecting to nourish and grow it this past week.

When I had my blog, life was sunny and bright
my heart was strong and my eyes full of light
but when I lost it, I plunged into despair
my heart shattered shards beyond repair.

I shivered in the dark cold blizzard of isolation
my fingers and toes lost all sensation
even my pancreas, solar plexus, and spleen
froze in the acrtic-y tundra-ish scene!

Throw me some earmuffs! Throw me a hoodie!
Help me find my blog, that would be good-ie!
Ease my suffering, my burdens, my heavy plight!
"Sarah's Blog of Randomness?", hmmm, that sounds right!

Thus we were reunited. Never again to part. The lesson: If you lose love or a blog, never fear. The days may be cold and you may drown in a flood of your own tears at night, but remember, it is better to have blogged and lost than never to have blogged at all.

1 comment:

Dianey Face said...

Sarah, I love this. No wonder you were such a sensation at poetry club!